Vacancy Alert - Grants Writer (two days a week/part time)
Position: Grants Writer (two days a week/ part-time)
Location: Virtual/ Working remotely
Founded in 2000, CREA is a feminist human rights organisation based in New Delhi, India. It is one of the few international women's rights organisations based in the global South, led by Southern feminists, which works at the grassroots, national, regional, and international levels. Together with partners from a diverse range of human rights movements and networks, CREA works to advance the rights of women and girls, and the sexual and reproductive freedoms of all people. CREA advocates for positive social change through national and international fora, and provides training and learning opportunities to global activists and leaders through its Institutes.
Scope and Responsibilities
The Grants Writer is a part time position that reports directly to the Director – Resource Development. The Grants Writer will be responsible for researching, collating information and writing grant applications.
The Grants Writer duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Write clear, compelling letters of inquiry, concept notes, grant proposals to donors, including supplemental materials (e.g., theory of change, case studies and any other).
- Write high-impact program reports and updates to donors.
- Assist in developing annual reports, newsletters, and brochures.
- Participate (as required) in relevant meetings and workshops for developing the documents
- Work with programme team members to research, compile programmatic information and data.
- Work with Resource development team to complete assigned tasks within the deadlines.
- Develop a deep understanding of program content to ensure integrity and quality of proposal writing.
- Contribute to other program writing whenever assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals.
- Knowledge of human rights especially on women’s rights, sexuality and gender.
- Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven.
- Clear, precise and compelling writing skills.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
CREA promotes pluralism and equal opportunity, and is committed to diversity in its staffing and to the maintenance of an environment free of discriminatory employment practices. CREA's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. No individual shall be discriminated against because of his or her actual or perceived age, caste, class, disability, marital status, religion, or sexual orientation. Compensation will be based on experience and internal equity.
Interested candidates who meet the required educational and experience requirements should send their CV along with a cover letter, current and expected salary and writing samples of grant proposals to email@example.com by 31 May 2020. Please include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.