Programme Associate, Digital Communications
Founded in 2000, CREA is a feminist human rights organisation based in New Delhi, India. It is one of the few international women's rights organisations based in the global South, led by Southern feminists, which works at the grassroots, national, regional, and international levels. Together with partners from a diverse range of human rights movements and networks, CREA works to advance the rights of women and girls, and the sexual and reproductive freedoms of all people. CREA advocates for positive social change through national and international fora, and provides training and learning opportunities to global activists and leaders through its Institutes.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Implements strategies and campaigns to expand CREA’s footprint in digital media;
- Provides hands-on management of multiple channels on digital media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other emerging digital channels;
- Develops compelling content for digital media and also liaises with key programme staff to develop content for the web that highlights the impact and uniqueness of CREA’s work;
- Builds and manages digital relationships and partnerships;
- Manages digital assets such as photos and videos;
- Builds the capacity of staff and partners in the use of digital media to help achieve program and advocacy goals;
- Works in coordination with Manager, Communications to deliver on core tasks of communications unit;
- Liaises with different teams to collect information/data to develop various communications products;
- Any other tasks beyond these as deemed necessary.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Internal communications support
- Liasing with key CREA staff (Global and India) on upcoming events to produce a monthly calendar for internal circulation
- Based on calendar, maintaining an excel of all monthly events, and supporting the program and communication team in supporting a digital and offline dissemination plan for publications, campaigns, and events.
- Organizing and categorizing CREA digital assets including photos, videos, print/digital products for MIS, archiving.
- Operations and supervision support
- Supporting or managing contracts of external designers, website maintenance contracts, or interns related to digital communications and documentation of programming.
- Potentially supervising interns for special campaigns, projects or social media content generation.
Time-bound temporary assignments:
- Online campaigns - follow up work with Third Party content producers.
- Being the point-person for smaller, internal graphic design needs such as holiday cards, donor presentations, formatting of PPTs and CREA products in public events.
- Some Hindi-English translation of communications products, as needed.
The Programme Associate will report to the Manager, Communications and Program Coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate in the fields of social science, human rights, international development, business, or other relevant field.
- 1-2 years of experience in digital media, marketing, communications, and/or other relevent fields; preference will be given to people with digital media/marketing, digital campaigns experience, particularly those who can demonstrate experience within the development sector.
- Have an understanding of issues relating to women’s rights and the sexual and reproductive rights of all people, and a commitment to advancing these rights.
- Have evidence of experience of creative content work.
- Be an excellent writer in English and be able to communicate well with both internal and external audiences. Have working knowledge of Hindi would be an added asset.
- Be detail-oriented and thorough, with an ability to self-motivate and produce high-quality work.
- Be committed to ongoing professional learning and sharing knowledge with CREA staff.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and social media platforms.
- Be thoroughly conversant with Canva, Photoshop, Indesign, HTML / CMS Platforms, HootSuite, iMovie or equivalent video-editing software.
Equal Opportunity Policy
CREA promotes pluralism and equal opportunity and is committed to diversity in its staffing and to the maintenance of an environment free of discriminatory employment practices. CREA’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. No individual shall be discriminated against because of his or her actual or perceived age, caste, class, disability, marital status, religion or sexual orientation. Compensation will be based on experience and internal equity.
Please send a cover letter, stating your interest and why you are a suitable candidate for this position, along with your CV to email@example.com by 28th May 2017. Please include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for.
You may also send your cover letter and CV by mail to:
CREA (Creating Resources for Empowerment in Action)
7 Jangpura B, Mathura Road,
New Delhi 110014
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and asked to come in for an interview.