Programme Coordinator, Community Based Programmes
Position: Programme Coordinator, Community Based Programmes
Location: New Delhi, India
Founded in 2000, CREA is a feminist human rights organization based in New Delhi, India. It is one of the few international women's rights organizations based in the global South, led by Southern feminists, which works at the grassroots, national, regional, and international levels. Together with partners from a diverse range of human rights movements and networks, CREA works to advance the rights of women and girls, and the sexual and reproductive freedoms of all people. CREA advocates for positive social change through national and international fora, and provides training and learning opportunities to global activists and leaders through its Institutes.
- Develop strategies and tactics for partner management including selection of new partners and evaluating partner management
- Set up systems and processes to regularly guide and mentor partners to co-implement programmes
- Timely development of partner work plans, budgets and subcontracts /agreements
Programme planning and implementation
- Develop regular programme plans and budgets for programme implementation
- Plan and execute regular programme development meetings
- Ensure high quality programme implementation and budget utilisation across states
- Ensure that high quality content is developed for the organisation
- Effectively identify new groups and enhance the scope of the program
Monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure that key monitoring and evaluation planning and execution documents are developed on time
- Ensure systems and processes for timely and accurate collection of data related to programmes, review of data and feeding back data into mid course corrections in programme implementation
- Ensure that data is reviewed periodically and informs programme implementation
· Ensure that programme processes, progress and learning are consistently documented
Reporting and Documentation
- Create bi-monthly reports based on the progress of the training sessions with adolescent girls across partner CBOs.
- Create quarterly reports of all other events and activities implemented by 15 partner CBOs.
· Review and compile narrative reports of all partner CBOs and develop an overall summary of the progress of the program.
Team Work and Coordination
- Work with a team of coordinators and associates for high quality programme planning and implementation across all states
· Play a supportive and mentoring role with regard to associates
- Generate new ideas and concepts and share with supervisor
- Support donor reporting and monitor budget utilisation of activities
Knowledge and resource development
- Regularly assess the need for creation of knowledge resources for the programme
- Ensure that knowledge resources for the programme are created in consultation with the communications team
Represent and present CREA's work at meetings, forums and conferences at the national, regional and global levels.
An ideal candidate should have the following qualities.
- Masters or equivalent degree in social work, community development, gender studies, human rights law, and/or related field
- At least 5-7 years of experience of working in the area of programme management on issues of sexuality, gender, reproductive health, and/or human rights fields in India
- Strong content base and excellent writing skills
- Fluency in English and Hindi languages (oral and written)
- Knowledge of information systems
- Excellent analytical skills; mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and team player skills
- Able to travel both nationally and internationally
CREA promotes pluralism and equal opportunity, and is committed to diversity in its staffing and to the maintenance of an environment free of discriminatory employment practises. CREA's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. No individual shall be discriminated against because of his or her actual or perceived age, caste, class, disability, marital status, religion, or sexual orientation. Compensation will be based on experience and internal equity.
Please send a cover letter, stating your interest and why you are a suitable candidate for this position, along with your CV to email@example.com by 4th June 2017. Please include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for. You may also send your cover letter and CV by mail to:
CREA (Creating Resources for Empowerment in Action)
7 Jangpura B, Mathura Road,
New Delhi 110014
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and asked to come in for an interview.
For more information about CREA please see our website: www.creaworld.org