Application Deadline: May 14, 2023
Start Date: July 1, 2023
Reporting to: Senior Manager – Programs
Virtual Full-time Position (40hrs/week)
Are you an aspiring feminist? Do you believe in the feminist vision of human rights and social justice? Then here is an exciting and unique opportunity to deepen your leadership and expand your strategic thinking: CREA’s 2023 Emerging Leaders Initiative! Through our virtual year-long initiative, the chosen Emerging Leaders: Program Assistants (Els) will receive invaluable professional experience and drive real-world change by working within our teams and contributing to our programs and initiatives. The initiative will also help Els understand the nuances and challenges of working within a fast-paced feminist rights organization and develop the skills, networks, and knowledge to drive social change while understanding critical frameworks, perspectives, and management modalities that support social change movements. Els will participate in a global community of passionate advocates, while gaining access to resources, grounded learning, and mentorship for working in feminist social change and advocacy processes. Apply now!
Who Can Apply
We welcome applications from early-career professionals, recent graduates, or professionals looking to switch to the social sector, who are passionate about driving positive social change and impact and based out of India. Our program encourages individuals from diverse professional or educational backgrounds to join us in our mission of advancing sexual and human rights for all structurally excluded groups while gaining valuable experience in working with social change organizations. The 2023 Emerging Leaders Initiative is open to applicants with diverse skill sets and selected candidates will be assessed and assigned roles reflective of their areas of growth, interest, and background.
A yearly cohort of eight individuals will be onboarded.
Why Should You Apply
Once selected for the Emerging Leaders Program, you will become part of a global community of feminist changemakers promoting human rights. You will get access to professional development, networking, and learning opportunities as well as platforms to connect with decision-makers and socially committed private sector representatives from around the world. You will also be able to attend online and in-person workshops and learning sessions. Training will be provided to selected candidates with continued learning and networking opportunities even after the program ends.
Though the program duration is one year, the contract may be renewed in exceptional cases for a second year based on performance and organizational need. Selected candidates will then also be eligible to attend one of CREA’s Institutes in their second year. All ELs will be provided with an experience certificate on successful completion of the program.
What We Expect
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of CREA programs and initiatives (for more information on these, see www.creaworld.org)
- Develop program materials including, but not limited to, presentations, agendas, and documents
- Assist with the documentation of workshops, institutes, and programs
- Develop concept papers, internal evaluation reports, and donor reports
- Support the facilitation of workshops and training sessions for CREA-led projects and programs
- Conduct research and analysis to inform program design and evaluation
- Collect, analyze, and report on program data and impact
- Assist in the development of external and internal communication
- Assist in the coordination of logistics for CREA programs and initiatives, including travel arrangements, event planning, and procurement
- Participate in cross-functional teams and collaborations to support CREA’s mission and goals
- Travel for in-person cohort meetings when required
What You Need to Apply
- While we welcome applicants from any field, priority will be given to candidates who hold a university degree in social sciences
- Knowledge and understanding of the socio‐political context in South Asia
- Strong research, analytical, and writing skills
- Excellent management and networking skills
- Proficiency in English and working knowledge of Hindi
- Ability to work across time zones, geographies, and nationalities
- Ability to handle periods of high-pressure work
- Location anywhere in India, but with access to a stable internet with good bandwidth, and a working computer
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to send their CV and a cover letter articulating their interest and reasons for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 14th May, 2023.
Please include in the subject line the name of the program: “Emerging Leaders Initiative”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. For more information, please check our website creaworld.org.
CREA promotes pluralism and equal opportunity is committed to diversity in its staffing and maintains an environment free of discriminatory employment practices. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment where diversity is valued. No individual shall be discriminated against because of their actual or perceived age, caste, class, disability, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or sex characteristics.