Neha S Chaudhry
As the Program Coordinator in the Executive Director’s (ED) team, she provides programmatic, strategic and executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. She organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts, manages special projects that are led by the Executive Director, and supports pressing and timely projects – across all program areas. She works with the Programs and Communications teams to coordinate and develop content for the ED’s external engagements and outreach activities. Communicates directly, and on behalf of the ED, with donors and partners on matters related to ED’s programmatic initiatives, including writing acknowledgement letters from the ED to donors. Also works closely with the Resource Development team to support the development of concept notes and proposals as needed. Manages and bolsters the ED’s online social media presence and engagement.
She is a research scholar with a Masters of Philosophy degree in Women and Gender Studies from Ambedkar University, Delhi. Her engagement has been in the area of gender, sexuality and violence against women. Post MPhil, she joined Ms. Devaki Jain- an eminent development and feminist economist. She enabled her in writing her now published Memoir- The Brass Notebook. She has also enabled publication of two volumes of her selected papers- The Journey of a Southern Feminist and Close Encounters of Another Kind. She has also co- authored many articles in journals/ newspapers and public lectures with Ms. Jain.
Some of her published work with Ms. Devaki Jain is as follows –
- Jain, D. (2015) Reading the Tea Leaves: What the Indian Women’s Movement can learn from the Munnar agitation; October 20 2015
- Jain, D. (2016) Looking Back at South Commission, Economic and Political Weekly, February 27, 2016, Vol. 51, Issue no. 9
- Jain, D. (2016) Values in Gendered Economics and Feminist Economics in The Book Review, July 2016, Volume XL, number 7, pp. 26- 27
- Jain, D. (2017) The Essential Freedom Fighter: Some Reminiscences of Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay in Dubois, E. carol and Lal, Vinay (Eds.) A Passionate Life: Writing by and on Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay, Zubaan Publishers Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
- Jain, D. (2017) Together and Apart with the Big Four: Retrospecting the Post 1975
Decades, Indian Journal of Gender Studies, 24(1): 73- 79
- Jain, D. (2017) Women of the South: Engaging with the UN as a Diplomatic Manoeuvre in Gender and Diplomacy, Edited by Jennifer A. Cassidy, Routledge
- Jain, D. (2019) Can you- the young- upturn the World’s Current Hierarchies? Paper presented at a panel discussion on 12 March 2019 as one of the side events at Commission on the Status of Women 63rd Session in New York. The panel discussion was part of Module 3 of the Zanele Mbeki Fellowship. The Zanele Mbeki Fellowship is a developmental programme of the Zanele Mbeki Development Trust (ZMDT)