Types of information collected
Generally, you can browse this website without submitting your personal information to us. However, in some circumstances, we will ask for your personal information.
Information you provide to us
When you are on the website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information only with CREA.
Information you provide to get updates from CREA
When you register to use the website – for example, subscribe to receive emails from us – you provide us with the mandatory information about you like Name, country and email address. This information is provided by you through secure forms and is stored on secure servers.
The payment information you provide to register for a paid event
When you register for events, you may need to provide payment information. CREA does not store any credit card information on its servers and uses payment gateway to process the payment information.
Information you provide us through contact forms or when you directly communicate with us
When you communicate with us, we collect your message and any other information you choose to provide us within the communication.
Information that is automatically collected (third party cookies)
In addition, when you interact with the Website, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, the Website collects the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- We may collect certain demographic data such as age and gender as part of collecting personal information;
- We collect and store certain device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
- We automatically log certain usage information about your use of the Website. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you with a more customized experience on the Website;
- We collect and store additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses; and
- We collect and store your search terms and search results.
- We also collect and store certain other information regarding our users’ use of the Website so that third parties may provide us with reports and analysis regarding usage and browsing patterns of the Website.
For more information about cookies, please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
Use of information collected on this website
CREA uses the information we collect about you to:
- Better understand how you are using our website and what we could do to improve your experience.
- Communicate with you via email to share resources and analysis in the field of women’s rights, connect with you and provide opportunities to engage with our work, keep you updated about developments at CREA and with our partners.
- Comply with our legal obligations to:
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information provided by you (such as to verify your authorization to act as an agent on behalf of a nonprofit organization).
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources, to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
- Resolve any disputes with any of our users or customers and enforce our agreements with third parties.
Distribution of information
If you have subscribed to CREA´s email updates, we will send you regular communications as specified. You are able to unsubscribe from any of the email updates at any time by using the unsubscribe information provided in our emails.
Accessing, changing and removing information
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to CREA. We are always looking for ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that CREA maintains about you through our website. If you change your email address, or if any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where you have provided CREA with consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw it any time by sending us a communication and specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
- You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict how it is used. There may be exceptions to the right to erasure for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request.
- To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, CREA considers what data must be retained, for how long, and why, and may archive personal data while always ensuring information security.
Except as explained below, CREA will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, and will not sell or rent lists containing your information to third parties. CREA may disclose information when it has your permission to do so or under special circumstances, such as when it believes in good faith that the law requires it.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls to avoid unauthorized sharing of this information.
Changes to this policy
This policy may change from time to time. The changed policy will be posted on this website and Last Updated date at the end of the policy will be updated.
Last Updated: 19 October 2020