Title: Project Coordinator – Feminist Opportunities Now (FON)
Location: Bangladesh based only
Reporting: Project Manager – Feminist Opportunities Now
Duration: One year (based on performance)
The International Planned Parenthood Federation Africa Region (IPPFAR), in collaboration with CREA, Empow’Her, the International Federation on Human Rights, and Médecins du Monde France (MdM-FR), lead the Feminist Opportunities Now (FON) consortium. Funded by the Agence Francaise de Développement (AFD), FON’s overarching goal is to strengthen the capacity of feminist movements to address gender-based violence through sub-grants to feminist organizations, with a focus on reaching small, often unregistered, feminist organizations. The project will be implemented across ten countries in three regions: Mexico and Colombia (led by MdM), Bangladesh and Sri Lanka (led by CREA), and Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, and potentially Niger (led by IPPFAR).
Championing an ecological-based model that integrates the use of multi-disciplinary gender transformative approaches and direct sub-granting, FON also provides longer-term mentorship and support to feminist organizations in their overall development by designing specific trainings tailored to their needs and helping them to identify additional sources of funding. FON also includes a research-action component that will deepen our understanding of how these approaches can be scaled up and sustained, ensuring linking, learning, and knowledge sharing among the organizations and across regions.
More specifically, the project seeks to:
- Ensure and improve the sustainability of feminist organizations at the organizational and technical levels by proposing an inclusive approach to capacity strengthening.
- Reinforce the resilience and diversity of feminist Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) through access to sustainable, flexible and adapted financing for small and/or informal and/or structurally excluded groups.
- Enhance the networking abilities of feminist CSOs from the South, bringing them closer to networks at national, regional, and international levels, in order to bring their voice to the public arena.
The Project Coordinator will be a key member of the FON team, who will work closely with the Project Manager, Program Director, and other members of the team to support CREA’s FON projects and events.
Assist in Grant Application
- Maintain regular contact with grant applicants and liaise with them to complete the gaps in the applications.
- Ensure the timely submission of grant applications.
- Assist in the due diligence process.
Assist in Grant Coordination
- Monitor grants for full compliance in grant implementation-program and finance.
- Ensure timely submission of program and financial reports, conduct initial check of reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure grant requirements are correctly documented in the grant database.
Assist in Capacity Building Programs
- Assist in research to identify capacity building needs based on the data provided by partner organizations.
- Liaise with stakeholders to plan and organize the programs, including participation organizations, vendors, and facilitators.
- Coordinate with translators and graphic designers to finalize the outputs.
- Manage event budgets and reports in discussion with the Project Manager.
- Serve as the focal point for communication with regard to capacity building initiatives.
– Other duties may be assigned in discussions with the Project Manager.
Life at CREA
Founded in 2000, CREA is an international feminist human rights organization based in New Delhi, India. It is one of the few feminist human rights organizations based in the global South, led by Southern feminists, working at community, national, regional, and international levels. Together with partners from a diverse range of human rights movements and networks, CREA’s work focuses on building feminist leadership, strengthening movements, expanding sexual and reproductive freedoms, promoting rights- based approaches to reducing gender-based violence (GBV), and advancing the human rights of structurally excluded people.
- We like to think of ourselves as a fearless, interrogative, colorful, edgy, sexy flock of birds flying freely to explore, to imagine and to build freedoms together.
- If you are ready to challenge the system when it is needed, you could be one of us.
- If you wish to build a world where an individual must have the agency and right to make choices about sexuality, reproduction and human rights, then you will find the room to explore here.
- Constant learning and sharing of knowledge is an expectation that team members have from CREA, and CREA from team members.
- Graduate in the fields of social science, human rights, international development, or other relevant fields.
- Have a solid understanding of issues relating to feminist politics, gender-based violence, human rights, disability justice and the sexual and reproductive rights of all people, and a commitment to advancing these rights.
- Have demonstrated experience in women’s rights, human rights, international development and, in particular, in grants management (8+ years)
- Prior experience or involvement in a grant-making initiative.
- Fluency in English and Bangla, with strong written and spoken communications skills with both internal and external audiences.
- Be detail oriented and thorough, with an ability to self-motivate and produce high-quality work.
- Experience or willingness to learn and adapt work to online/virtual platforms keeping accessibility needs in mind.
- Be committed to ongoing professional learning and sharing knowledge with FON consortium.
- Excellent analytical skills; mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be a team player and comfortable with working with external consultants, contractors, vendors etc.
- Be comfortable and willing to travel for work.
- We particularly welcome applications from persons with experience in working in feminist movements, familiar with intersectional and decolonial approaches, working at intersections of youth and gender, or gender and disability from Global South perspectives.
We are committed to providing a working environment with constant learning and equal opportunity for all. We co-create an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. The salary range for this position is: USD 1500 – 3500 per month depending on qualification and experience.
Please be aware that since this position is based in Bangladesh, the salary will be paid in the local currency of Bangladesh (Taka ৳), at an equivalent amount to the USD amount specified in this job vacancy.
- 20 days annual leave
- 12 holidays as per the CREA list of holidays
- 12 days of sick/casual leave
- One week of winter break at the end of the year
Persons with disabilities who identify as women, gender non-conforming, non-binary and/or trans are strongly encouraged to apply. CREA promotes pluralism and equal opportunity and is committed to diversity in its staff and to the maintenance of an environment free of discriminatory employment practices. CREA’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals. No individual shall be discriminated against because of actual or perceived age, caste, class, disability, marital status, religion, or sexual orientation. Compensation will be based on experience and internal equity. A generous benefit package is included.
CREA is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, within its programmes, communication and activities. We are committed to being flexible, supportive and accommodating in the way we work. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the application or interview process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates who meet the required educational and experience requirements should send their CV along with a cover letter, current and expected salary to email@example.com. Please include “Project Coordinator – Feminist Opportunities Now (FON) – Your Name” in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Application Deadline: Please note that this vacancy is open on a rolling basis, and the organization will close the hiring process as soon as the best candidate is identified. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply promptly. Applications received after the position is filled will not be considered. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible to ensure your candidacy is considered.