Title: Manager – Resources Learning and Impact
Location: Delhi – India
Reporting: Director – Resources Learning and Impact
The Manager will work under the guidance of the Director – Resources Learning and Impact. Aspects of the job include supporting strategy development and program monitoring and evaluation, assisting in resource development vis-à-vis the programs and representing the organization in different fora.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Director – Resources Learning and Impact with the implementation of the resource development strategy for organizational sustainability from a diverse donor pool.
- Research prospective donors as per the table of needs of the organization and follow up as required.
- Lead development of proposals and awards applications.
- Write clear, compelling grant proposals and applications, and key supporting documents like theory of change, case studies, etc.
- Be responsible for researching, collecting data, and developing grant proposals.
- Work with department managers to compile programmatic information and data.
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
- Manage donor specific information/resource material, and undertake strategic donor focused dissemination, as required.
- Prepare drafts of proposal budgets in coordination with Program and Finance teams.
- Prospect as per the Table of Needs.
- Manage donor relations.
- Manage reports and annexures.
- Support donor meetings and visits.
- Address donor queries.
- Assist in developing fundraising campaigns and communications.
- Represent and present CREA’s work at meetings, forums and conferences at the national, regional and global levels.
- Keep the Donor Perfect database up to date with assistance from the Program team.
- Coordinate all aspects of the two Dutch bi-lateral consortiums that CREA leads – partnership coordination, program impact reporting to donors, site visits to partners. ∙ Support in meeting other donor requirements for the programs (e.g., MEL requirements).
- Set up systems and processes to regularly monitor progress made by consortium partners.
- Support in developing case studies/stories of change for various programs (as required) in collaboration with the Communications team.
- Build a database of photographs, quotes, descriptions that can be used for donor messages in collaboration with the Communications team.
- Assist in managing donor relationships.
- Coordinate with the diverse teams at CREA to implement a donor relationship strategy.
- Prepare, update donor reporting schedule/calendar and update with relevant staff members.
- Provide guidance to the Program/Communications team for sharing relevant material at donor meetings.
- Write and disseminate a quarterly newsletter for donors.
- Coordinate the dissemination of CREA publications to donors.
- Provide support for presentations/documents for donors.
- Represent CREA to donors in diverse countries.
- Manage and supervise Coordinator – Resources Learning and Impact.
- Coordinate regularly with other teams at CREA (Program, Finance, MEL, and Communications)
- Travel to meet with partners in different countries.
- Contribute to other resources learning and impact functions as assigned.
- Frequent travel to Delhi for periodic staff meetings and retreats.
- Represent and present CREA’s work at meetings, forums and conferences at the national, regional and global level.
Life at CREA
Founded in 2000, CREA is an international feminist human rights organization based in New Delhi, India. It is one of the few feminist human rights organizations based in the global South, led by Southern feminists, working at community, national, regional, and international levels. Together with partners from a diverse range of human rights movements and networks, CREA’s work focuses on building feminist leadership, strengthening movements, expanding sexual and reproductive freedoms, promoting rights- based approaches to reducing gender-based violence (GBV), and advancing the human rights of structurally excluded people.
- We like to think of ourselves as a fearless, interrogative, colorful, edgy, sexy flock of birds flying freely to explore, to imagine and to build freedoms together.
- If you are one who is ready to challenge the system when it is needed, you could be one of us.
- If you believe you wish to build a world where an individual must have the agency and right to make choices about sexuality, reproduction and human rights, then you will find the room to explore here.
- Constant learning and sharing of knowledge is an expectation that team members have from CREA, and CREA from team members.
Qualifications, Experience, and Competencies
- Post graduate (master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred) in social science/human rights/international development.
- Eight to ten years of work experience in a similar role with NGOs from the global South and/or in international development.
- Experience in resource development and/or external communications; with solid fundraising experience
- Have an understanding of issues relating to women’s rights and the sexual and reproductive rights of all people, paired with a commitment to advancing these rights.
- Strong grants management experience.
- Strong understanding of and experience working with small and/or non-registered feminist organizations working on gender-based violence.
- Excellent writing skills in English and strong communication skills with both internal and external audiences.
- Be detail oriented and thorough, with the ability to self-motivate and produce high-quality work.
- Flexibility working across diverse time-zones.
- Comfortable and willing to travel for work.
We are committed to providing a working environment with constant learning and equal opportunity for all. We co-create an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. Salary range: INR 80000 – 185000 per month depending on qualification and experience.
Leaves and Holidays
- 20 days annual leave
- 12 days holiday leaves as per specified in the list of holidays
- 12 days of sick/casual leave
- One week of winter break at the end of the year
CREA promotes pluralism and equal opportunity, is committed to diversity in its staffing, and maintains an environment free of discriminatory employment practices. No individual shall be discriminated against because of their actual or perceived age, caste, class, disability, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or sex characteristics. Compensation will be based on experience and internal equity. A generous benefit package is included.
Interested candidates who meet the required educational and experience requirements should send their CV along with a cover letter, current and expected salary to email@example.com by 4 December 2022. Please include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.